Healthcare Industry Expertise
TM Capital’s healthcare practice combines TM Capital’s extensive healthcare industry experience with the healthcare investment banking credentials and expertise of James McLaren, the co-founder of Asante Partners.
TM Capital has built strong industry expertise over 26 years of completing healthcare M&A and financing transactions. Asante Partners and its predecessor firm have more than two decades of industry knowledge and relationships as a boutique investment bank focused exclusively on healthcare. Together, TM and Asante Partners have completed over 80 healthcare mergers, acquisitions and financings valued at over $4 billion.
The TM Capital’s healthcare practice platform provides deep knowledge in key healthcare sectors including medical devices, life sciences and diagnostics, healthcare services, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
- We specialize in value-building mergers, acquisitions and financings.
- Our clients are both mature healthcare companies with a history of growth and strong profitability and pre-profit companies whose innovative technology makes them highly attractive to strategic acquirers.
- Our senior professionals are directly involved in all key transaction aspects.
- We are disciplined about setting achievable expectations at the outset.
- Our industry expertise enables us to understand and communicate the unique attributes of our client to potential counterparties.
- We are owned by our partners, and make our own decisions.
- Our advice is based on achieving our clients’ long-term goals, which may include advising against transactions that are not in their interests.
- Through our long-term membership in Oaklins, we provide clients with outstanding global reach.
- We believe in direct and transparent communication with clients and all transaction participants.
- We have built an outstanding record of success in building and realizing value for healthcare companies.
- On behalf of our clients, we have completed transactions with some of the most notable strategic counterparties in the healthcare industry.
- The testimony of our clients is our greatest source of pride.
Targeted Industry Research
Distributed to over 7,000 industry and investment professionals, the Healthcare Monthly reviews M&A activity in the sector on a monthly basis, covering the latest industry deal activity, news, rumors and trends.Read More
Once you have made the difficult decision to sell a 145-year-old family business with global reach and over 60 shareholders, your next step is to retain a first class financial advisor who understands your company and its industry, which has deep experience in M&A transactions and, most importantly, whom you can trust implicitly. TM Capital has been our go-to banker for strategic transactions for the past 20 years, while also providing consistent guidance on a host of financial issues. For the Board of Directors of C.B. Fleet, selecting TM was an easy decision.”
William R. ChambersC.B. Fleet Company, Inc.
Selling a business you started and have grown over four decades represents the realization of your life’s work, and our advisors at TM Asante clearly understood the importance of this transaction to the Errigo family. TM Asante’s deep industry knowledge, global reach, trusted advice and extraordinary perseverance were keys to generating a superior outcome – and we feel incredibly lucky to have had them by our side throughout this process.”
Joseph ErrigoFounder & CEO
Time-Cap Labs, Inc.
TM Asante has worked with us as a trusted adviser for several years. The TM Asante team has deep experience in the medical device sector and strong relationships and credibility with potential buyers. Their counsel proved to be perceptive on many occasions and they have been invaluable in helping us achieve an attractive transaction with Covidien. Throughout the process, they were at our side whenever needed and we really enjoyed the opportunity to have them on our team.”
Don CrawfordPresident and CEO
From the outset of the transaction, TM Asante understood the value drivers for CHS and positioned the company in the marketplace to drive a remarkable outcome for the shareholders of CHS. TM’s industry expertise, market knowledge, collaborative style, attention to detail and senior focus combined to create a very competitive process. We appreciate our longstanding relationship with TM and their commitment to the highest standards offered in the investment banking community.”
Glenn ScolnikChairman, CHS
Chairman, Hammond, Kennedy, Whitney & Co., Inc
Life Sciences & Diagnostics
Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
June 2015 | India
TM Capital served as exclusive financial advisor to founder-owned Time-Cap Labs, Inc. in its sale to Marksans Pharma Limited, headquartered in Mumbai, India
TM Capital served as exclusive financial advisor to C.B. Fleet Company, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of consumer branded, OTC health and personal care products, in its sale to Gryphon Investors
TM Capital served as exclusive financial advisor to Sapheon Inc., a developer of venous disease treatments, in its sale to Covidien plc, a world leader in the treatment of peripheral vascular disease, for up to $238 million in cash and contingent consideration
TM Capital served as exclusive financial advisor to Canadian Hospital Specialties (“CHS”) in its sale to Cortec Group, a private equity firm with more than $1 billion of capital under management
TM Capital, together with our M&A International partner IBI Corporate Finance of Ireland, advised Eschmann Holdings Limited on its sale to STERIS Corporation (NYSE: STE)
TM Capital advised TechHealth, Inc., a leading provider of cost containment services for workers’ compensation, in its sale to One Call Care Management
TM Capital advised Surpass Medical, Ltd. in its sale to Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) for $135 million in cash and future consideration
TM Capital advised Vention Medical, a leading U.S. full-service medical device outsourcing company, in its acquisition of ATEK Medical Group
TM Capital advised Chestnut Medical Technologies in its sale to ev3 Inc. (NASDAQ: EVVV) for $150 million in cash and stock