TM Capital Advises Uncle Wally’s in its Sale to Give & GoMarch 2017 | News & Press
TM Capital is pleased to announce that we served as exclusive financial advisor to Uncle Wally’s – a leading producer and marketer of premium muffins – in its sale to Canada-based Give & Go, a major North American manufacturer of branded and private label baked goods owned by Thomas H. Lee Partners. TM led a highly competitive process on behalf of Uncle Wally’s to attract a strategic partner that offers the resources necessary to capitalize on the Company’s numerous growth opportunities. “The acquisition of Uncle Wally’s represents the first expansion of our manufacturing footprint in the U.S.,” said Joel Flatt, CEO of Give & Go. “Uncle Wally’s adds a key in-store bakery program to our offering and allows us to be closer to our U.S. customers. We look forward to building on the combined capabilities of both of our companies to continue to strengthen our value proposition for our customers.” Following our successful sales of Tate’s Bake Shop and Superior on Main, this transaction solidifies TM Capital’s position as the leading middle market investment banker in the baked goods category and further demonstrates our expertise in delivering extraordinary outcomes for consumer brands.
- Uncle Wally’s, founded in 1992 and headquartered in Shirley, NY, is the leading pure-play producer and marketer of muffins in the U.S.
- The Company has entrenched itself as a key supplier of branded and private label products for in-store bakery programs at major retailers in the grocery, club and superstore channels
- Uncle Wally’s leverages its state-of-the-art facility to efficiently produce and deliver consistently high quality muffins in a broad range of flavors, sizes and packaging formats
- Give & Go, headquartered in Canada, is a market leading North American manufacturer of branded and private label baked goods sold predominantly though the in-store bakery sections of retail grocers
- Boston-based Thomas H. Lee Partners – one of the world’s oldest and most experienced private equity firms – acquired Give & Go in 2016 and has raised over $22 billion of equity capital since its founding in 1974
What Our Clients are Saying
“Over our two-decade history, Uncle Wally’s has achieved tremendous growth and market leadership in the muffin category due to our premium quality products and deep customer relationships. Central to our success has been the entrepreneurial spirit, passion and camaraderie of our management team and employees. We were pleased to welcome TM Capital into the Uncle Wally’s ‘family’ to help find the right home for our business and to work side-by-side with us on this important transaction. With Give & Go and Thomas H. Lee Partners, TM identified the ideal partner and we look forward to the next stage of growth for the Uncle Wally’s brand.”
-Lou Avignone, CEO, Uncle Wally’s
About TM Capital
TM Capital Corp. is a partner-owned investment banking firm based in New York, Boston and Atlanta which has completed over 300 transactions with a combined value in excess of $17.5 billion. Since 1989, we have advised clients navigating a full range of critical transactions including complex mergers, acquisitions, debt and equity financings, minority and majority recapitalizations, restructurings, and advisory services including takeover defense, fairness and solvency opinions and valuations. We have built deep industry expertise in key sectors, and our team regularly publishes research highlighting current and emerging trends in targeted industries and markets. TM Capital is a member firm of Oaklins, the world’s most experienced mid-market M&A advisor with over 700 M&A professionals in over 60 offices operating in the major financial centers in the world. Members have closed over 1,500 transactions totaling more than $75 billion in value over the past five years.
TM Capital is an independent investment banking firm that is affiliated with Oaklins. Oaklins is the collective trade name of independent member firms affiliated with Oaklins International Inc. For details regarding the nature of this affiliation, please refer to www.oaklins.com/legal.