- TM Capital served as exclusive financial advisor to Canadian Hospital Specialties (“CHS”) in its sale to Cortec Group, a private equity firm with more than $1 billion of capital under management
- CHS, a portfolio company of Hammond, Kennedy, Whitney & Co., Inc. (“HKW”), is a leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of disposable medical and surgical devices primarily to the Canadian hospital market
- Founded in 1967, CHS manufactures and sells its own MED-RX® branded products and markets devices under exclusive relationships with third party OEMs
- Cortec Group, which invests in middle market healthcare, consumer, and specialty products, service and distribution businesses, recapitalized CHS along with senior management led by the Enns family, the Company’s founders
- This marks the eighth transaction TM has completed on behalf of HKW, a private equity firm with whom we’ve enjoyed a relationship spanning over 20 years
For more information, contact our healthcare team at:
From the outset of the transaction, TM Capital understood the value drivers for CHS and positioned the company in the marketplace to drive a remarkable outcome for the shareholders of CHS. TM’s industry expertise, market knowledge, collaborative style, attention to detail and senior focus combined to create a very competitive process. We appreciate our longstanding relationship with TM and their commitment to the highest standards offered in the investment banking community.”Glenn Scolnik, Chairman, CHS and Chairman, Hammond, Kennedy, Whitney & Co., Inc.