- TM Capital served as exclusive financial advisor to Lift Works, Inc. in its sale to Sunbelt Rentals, Inc., a subsidiary of Ashtead Group plc (LSE:AHT)
- Founded in 2003 and headquartered in St. Charles, Illinois, Lift Works is a leading, independent aerial lift-focused equipment rental service provider offering best-in-class solutions to small and mid-sized contractors in the greater Chicagoland market and throughout the Midwest
- This acquisition increases Sunbelt’s density in the Chicagoland market, expanding its roster of small to mid-sized contractors while preserving the industry-leading customer service and company culture that Lift Works has cultivated over the course of its 19-year history
- Sunbelt Rentals ranks 2nd on Rental Equipment Register’s list of the world’s largest equipment rental companies (RER 100) and constitutes the U.S. operations of Ashtead Group plc, a U.K.-based, publicly traded international equipment rental company with a market capitalization of over $25 billion
- TM Capital is a market leader in the aerial lift and broader equipment rental and dealer sectors, having completed multiple recent transactions involving both financial and strategic buyers / partners while publishing authoritative industry research
“I had the opportunity to evaluate several experienced advisors interested to help me, and ultimately TM Capital distinguished themselves. While they have strong rental industry transaction experience, they have done multiple aerial equipment rental-focused deals and their ability to tell our story in a more compelling fashion was clear. I appreciated that they rolled up their sleeves and helped us create strong materials to tell a strong story; and they clearly knew the buyers – allowing us to take a more targeted approach. My team and I spent 19 years building this company, and I believe Lift Works’ market position, financial profile, customer base, people and culture deserved a premium valuation in the market. I was very happy with the outcome.”– Marty Starck, Owner, Lift Works, Inc.