- Magellan Petroleum Corporation (NASDAQ: MPET) is an oil and gas company which owned 55.1% of Magellan Petroleum Australia Limited (MPAL), a publicly traded Australian oil and gas company
- Magellan retained TM Capital Corp. and Baron Partners of Australia as financial advisors regarding the potential acquisition by Magellan of the minority public interest in MPAL
- TM Capital and Baron Partners are fellow members of M&A International, the leading global network of merger and acquisition advisory firms
- Magellan has acquired over 90% of MPAL via an exchange offer in which each MPAL share has been exchanged for 0.75 Magellan shares and A$0.10, valuing the entire share capital of MPAL at US$80 million
- This is believed to be the only successful unsolicited cross-border exchange offer for a mid-sized company in recent years
For more information, contact our industrials team at:
“We selected TM Capital and Baron Partners to complete this important assignment because we believed that, as M&A International members, they would work together seamlessly to complete this complex cross-border transaction. We could not be more pleased with the successful outcome they have achieved for our company.””Walter McCann, Chairman, Magellan Petroleum Corp.