- TM Capital served as exclusive financial advisor to Snavely Forest Products, Inc. (“Snavely”) in its sale to Weekes Forest Products, Inc. (“Weekes”)
- Founded in 1902, Snavely is a premier family-owned two-step distributor of high-value specialty building materials spanning composite decking & railing, engineered wood products, boards, exterior cladding and other building materials
- Snavely, with a leading service reputation and significant technical expertise, operates five autonomous distribution centers in growth markets across the U.S.
- Weekes is an employee-owned distributor of lumber and building materials including commodity and specialty lumber, panel products, engineered wood and related residential and industrial products
- With no current geographic overlap between Snavely and Weekes, the transaction will meaningfully expand the Company’s footprint across the U.S.
- The sale of Snavely further illustrates TM’s sustained focus on the building products sector, and our ongoing commitment to advising family-owned businesses through strategic transformations
TM Capital worked closely with our family/closely-held company, Snavely Forest Products, from the beginning to the end of the process. In our case this was over ten months. We interviewed a select group of investment banks last spring and chose TM Capital based on their front end-research, exploratory visits and the fact they took the time to get to know the company, the principals and our objectives. TM Capital guided us through the transaction with a professional approach, but never lost sight of the unique sensitivities of a family business; and along the way gave us the confidence we would achieve our objectives. If we wrote the story for our desired conclusion twelve months ago, it would match the results we achieved. That is all we can ask for."Steve Snavely, Chairman and CEO, Snavely Forest Products