- TM Capital served as exclusive financial advisor to Superior Cake Products, Inc. in its sale to Hostess Brands, LLC, a portfolio company of Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co.
- Superior, a portfolio company of New England Capital Partners, is a leading producer of distinctive sweet baked goods including premium iced cookies, éclairs, madeleines and brownies
- Superior markets its products on a branded and private label basis within the in-store bakery departments of regional and national grocery chains, club stores and superstores
- The Company’s brand, Superior on Main, celebrates the 100 year history of the business, its commitment to quality and the Company’s local “on the corner” bakeshop heritage
- Hostess is one of the largest packaged food companies focused on the sweet baked goods market in the U.S.
For more information, contact our consumer team at:
Engaging TM Capital to guide our portfolio company Superior Cake Products through its liquidity event was undoubtedly the best decision we made during our ownership tenure of the Company. TM quickly grasped the nuances and value drivers of our Company and fulfilled on their motto of presenting the 'Art of the Possible.' TM orchestrated the presentation materials and management meetings with speed and crispness, generating and efficiently managing extraordinary strategic and PE buyer interest. They completed our transaction in record time at a premium valuation. The TM team is professional, smart, receptive, creative, focused, driven and ethical in all that they do. I would give them the highest recommendation to anyone considering a liquidity event and will certainly use their services again.”Kevin McCafferty, Chairman, New England Capital Partners