- TM Capital acted as financial advisor to Sappi Fine Paper North America (SFPNA), a division of Sappi Limited, in the sale of its Muskegon, Michigan mill site to Melching, Inc.
- The Muskegon mill manufactured coated printing papers on one paper machine with 170,000 metric tons of annual production capacity. The site also included a former pulp mill and a converting facility
- SFPNA announced the closure of the mill in August 2009 and retained TM Capital to pursue buyers for the site
- TM Capitaldeveloped a business plan and solicited investors to convert the mill’s steam and power production assets into a standalone biomass power plant. We also marketed the paper converting operation and worked with buyers focused on other redevelopment opportunities
- Melching, Inc. is a demolition, dismantling and industrial remediation services company located in Nunica, Michigan
- SFPNA is a preeminent producer of coated fine paper used in premium magazines, catalogues, books and high-end print advertising. Sappi Limited, publicly traded on the Johannesburg stock exchange, is a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa with manufacturing operations on four continents in nine countries
For more information, contact our industrials team at: